simple

Saturday, August 16, 2014


These days I'm craving and relishing simplicity. It might have something to do with the lingering cold I've had for the last 2 weeks, or it may be because my energy has been low, but whatever the reasons, I'm rolling with it. I've been meaning to give my blog a makeover for 6 months now, but I'm a procrastinator so I've only just gotten to it. I loved the pink, but it's nice to have a clean, fresh, simple look. I hope you like it too.

Over the last 5 weeks I've been doing this course through The Red Tent. It's been eye opening and full of practical advice. I've learned a lot! It's really changed my approach to feeding Clementine. I used to think that if I wanted her to be a good eater, I had to expose her to every food under the sun in her first years of life. She's never been a great eater and I've been stressing over it since she was 1 month old (seriously). I've been learning, however, that from a Chinese Medicine perspective, children need simple, warm food. I've been changing Clementine's diet to include less dairy and fruit, and more easy to digest, nourishing foods like chicken congee, home-made bone broths, steamed vegetables and oatmeal. She's been responding so well! My husband (ever skeptical of "alternative" methods like Chinese Medicine) was just saying that he can't believe how well Clementine has been eating lately. He's a total convert now. Mealtimes have become so much more simple and she's eating so much more. I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

I hope you're all having a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

15 comments:

  1. So happy to have recently found your blog recently via Cup of Jo. I couldn't agree more with your sentiments about getting your daughter to be a good eater. I've thought and stressed and strategized so much about it, and tried to expose her to so many foods and not give her "kid foods." And yet, at 2 she mostly eats white and beige food. Drives me crazy. Glad you're having success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that backpack in your pictures:)
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning more and more about Chinese medicine - I find it so fascinating! They seem to just 'get' the human body and mind! Glad it's working with Clementine =)

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new look. And yay on using Chinese Medicine! I am so glad to have started using Red Tent too because it just solidifies for me a lot of what my mother and grandmother constantly bang on about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiest weekend, love!! And I'm so loving your new blog look. The clean white is such a gorgeous refresh + makes your photos even more beautiful. I'm doing a redesign with the Maidae girls. Finally decided to hand it off to some one else. Done fiddling, haha!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new clean look! I think I've just bought the same (or similar) template for my blog. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the new look is perfection. love it! and stoked you're liking the red tent course... i've had it bookmarked – it looks great!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm.... thanks for reminder to get some chicken congee happening for our family! I grew up with it and loved it.
    Might make some tonight. :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely do love the new look. You can probably tell from my blog I am the Queen of Simplicity. I quite like the simplicity look because it gives you that feeling of "fresh", "clean" and "spaciousness".

    Simplicity allows me to think more freely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blog looks lovely, and the photos too. I spy Anne of Avonlea - I have the whole series in that edition from when I was a little girl, and have been re-reading them recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been re-reading them all as well! Starting right from the beginning, and I'm no on to Anne of Windy Willows. They're my favourite books ever!

      Delete
  11. I remember reading earlier you mentioned Clementine would be raised vegetarian for the first little while. No judgement, but just wondering as a vegetarian myself married to an omnivore making similar decisions, how did you decide to make the switch to introducing meat to Clementine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Colleen! I actually wrote a more detailed post about that decision here: http://thislittleport.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/vegetarianism-marriage-babies.html

      But in short, we started giving Clementine meat when she turned 1 because she wasn't gaining any weight. It was a tough choice, and not my preference, but once she was on an omnivorous diet she started putting on more weight and eating better.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger