a crappy week

Tuesday, September 16, 2014


I didn't intend to be absent from here for so long, but the truth is that last week was crap and I didn't feel like blogging. Parenting can be so humbling. You think you have it all together, and then you have a week from hell and you're left scratching your head. Last week, for reasons we couldn't figure out, it seriously seemed as though Clementine was possessed. She screamed for days on end, and was only happy ('happy' being a relative term) if I was holding her. The one upside was that I got lots of cuddles, which is unusual for my normally very independent toddler. But it was utterly exhausting, physically and emotionally. I spent all week wondering, "what am I doing wrong?"

On Sunday morning Clementine woke up, and just like that, all was well again. She went back to being her normal happy self. Later that day I noticed that one of her molars had popped through (her first), so I'm blaming week-of-hell on that. I have to admit that this scares me, because if that's what we have to go through with each molar…

This week has been much better already. I'm busy chasing Clementine and trying to keep up with my photography work. This weekend I got to shoot two newborns, one of whom was only a few hours old. Such a privilege.

On the home front, we're in the middle of a big furniture swap and re-arrange and it's all a bit chaotic. You can hardly move in our living room for all of the couches and chairs, most of which to be re-homed asap. One of our bookshelves fell apart (thank you Ikea), which means there are now books scattered all over the floor. I refuse to buy furniture from Ikea, so I'm hoping to find a new to us bookshelf on freecycle, or perhaps the side of the road... I hate when our home is this messy and disorganised, but I know that when it's all done, our place will look better than ever before. I can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. it's been much the same for us - our son has had multiple molars erupting these past few weeks, and it's only just gotten better. glad we seemed to have gotten through it all at once, but . . . . I feel like during weeks like those, it's almost a competition between him and me as to who can have the most meltdowns:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! molars are just the worst!
    glad to hear you are all doing better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you lovely lady and hearing you loud and clear. Tallow's top teeth are taking so long to come down, it's been a long few weeks. So happy to hear she's back to herself, we are getting there slowly too. Oh I love house re-arranging, can't wait to see a few snippets when your down. It's a lovely feeling when you get it all lovely (for a moment at least). Have a beautiful week. Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tough week for you and all I can offer next time she's "off or not quite herself" is Panadol. I've just had sore gums from a tooth and OMG the pain is unbearable and I was totally miserable so for little ones who can't communicate that's your week from hell in a nutshell. Glad she is feeling better. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! that sounds absolutely terrible! :( glad your little is all back to normal! (i'm sure she is too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I hope you take some photos once its all done!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi gorgeous,
    I wrote a similar post the other day. Parker has three molars cutting, it has been exhausting. I miss your face and Clementine cuddles. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A challenging week, indeed, but there is a silver lining that allows us to truly be grateful for happy days! I hope this week brings you love and calmness! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger