away: to the central coast

Saturday, September 6, 2014


Last week we spent a few days up the coast, just for fun. Theresa had generously told us that we were welcome to stay at their place while they're off globe trotting, and I had been dying to take her up on the offer. Their home is so nice, and it honestly felt like arriving at a hotel. Not to mention the fact that Mason's room is set up identically to Clementine's (with the same crib, same bumpers, same books and even the same artwork hanging), so she felt right at home! For the first night, my friend and her toddler joined us and then we had a day on our own.


The weather was terrible the first day and we didn't do much, but on day 2 we visited Jodi and Poet, then headed to Avoca to check out Like Minds. It came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint. They were even nice about our two crazy toddlers running around! If you go, please have a chai and a brownie for me. 


Before heading back home, we took a quick pitstop at Bohemian Traders HQ so I could pick up a top I haven't taken off since… We then headed to East Gosford where we stopped at the divine Piccolo Pear, grabbed coffee at Oomph and then walked over to a lovely playground. After a short walk we found ourselves at the Gosford Art Gallery, where the Japanese Gardens kept Clementine entertained for ages.

I'm already planning our next trip up. There are quite a few more places I want to visit, and if my husband comes next time, I might actually be able to sit and have lunch in peace! If you're planning a visit, this post from Jodi is great.

5 comments:

  1. glad that you had a great time. i think the weather is unpredictable. we have the weirdest dry season here in bali. it is said due to the cold winter in australia. and yes, melbourne could froze my bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos! it sounds like a lovely getaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a real fabulous little trip,Photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it sounds like you had a lovely time! I think we need a little getaway soon too. I've never been up that way and it's certainly on my to do list. Theresa's home looks so beautiful, how wonderful to have such a lovely spot to stay. And oh my how big is Clementine! Such a gorgeous little lady. Hope you're having a beautiful week.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger