a toque for me

Thursday, December 11, 2014



My mom knows me down to a tee. Familiar with my penchant for anything mustard-coloured, she had been saving this wool for me. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted to make myself a toque. Just a simple, chunky toque with a big pom pom. I decided to wing it, sans pattern, and hope for the best. It's pretty close to what I had imagined, though not quite 100% perfect. But the beauty of this kind of knitting is that it's so quick that it wouldn't take me long to modify my pattern and make another one, which is exactly what I think I'll do...

10 comments:

  1. Oh you are such a talented thing. I love this and the colour too! Mustard and snow work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Such a gorgeous color as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever to wing it. I like sunshine (yellow) for children and mustard for mamas. I think the latter reminds me of all things vintage and good. It must be nice to have a white Christmas, I'm sure you have missed them when our Christmas days have been particularly hot and sticky. Beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful Gaby. And such talent, what a scrumptious mustard toque.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a bit clever, aren't you!? That's SO gorgeous! P.S. You'd be loving the weather right now.. It's cold and wet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!

    It looks so cosy and so, so neat. I need one of these myself when it Winter comes around again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Looks great on you....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so stinkin cute on you! I love the mustard color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! That color is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so talented and that color looks amazing! Yellow is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger