Manning Park

Saturday, December 20, 2014


A few weeks ago, we spent a couple of nights in a cabin in the mountains with my dad, brother and his girlfriend. We started coming to Manning Park with my dad when we were kids; it's where I learned to snowboard and the scene of many happy memories. After not visiting for so long, it was a real treat to go back and see that not much has changed.

My dad calls it the "anti-Whistler" and he's spot on. It's not trendy or fancy in any way, but the resort has everything you need and a rustic charm that can't be ignored. More importantly, it's breathtakingly beautiful at this time of year. I felt like I was in a postcard and despite the frigid temperatures, I kept trekking back outside to take photos.

Clementine, however, was less than impressed with all the snow. We've learned on this trip that she is definitely not a winter baby. It snowed in Vancouver shortly after we arrived, and when we finally convinced her to get out of her stroller, she leaned over, touched the snow and exclaimed dramatically, "NO, NO, NO, NO." So you can imagine what she thought of Manning Park… She seemed to be getting the hang of it all by the third (and last day), but I think she was happy to get back to the milder weather of Vancouver.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Gaby! These pictures are stunning, how nice it is you can have a holiday at home (and a wintery Christmas!) It's a shame Clem doesn't like the cold... she looks hilariously cute in her snow gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being Canadian myself I have countless photographs of being stuck in a snowsuit, these photographs bring me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful scenery! i have such fond memories of playing in the snow when i was a child. we would stay out as long as our feet would carry us and come home exhausted and so happy. nowadays, i don't think that i could handle so much snow, but it is beautiful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photos are absolutely stunning!!! Ugh, I want to go snowboarding so badly and these pictures make me crave it so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so beautiful, a real winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Clementine! How cute... The place looks magical

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could stay somewhere like this. And what the previous comments say, it does look like a winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow! How beautiful! We've had rain, rain, and some more rain in Queensland! I really miss snow around Christmastime! Happiest new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogging no more? Your photos and adventures are always so stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I miss reading your posts! Hopefully all is well and life is wonderful in your neck of the woods! Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks so beautiful! I love the photos of the sun peeking over the mountain. i'm excited for the snow to come to utah now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! such lovely shots and a stunning place to visit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger